Grande Prairie Family Centered Coalition
Building Blocks is a fully accredited, caring, progressive day care, focusing on high quality child care for GPRC students, staff and community families, located on the southeast corner of the GPRC Grande Prairie Campus. Our six bright, clean and well-equipped rooms, provide easy and convenient access for parents to visit. We have a well maintained and inviting facility, with a fully fenced private playground, and our children enjoy fun outdoor play areas with plenty of equipment and grassy areas.
The On-Campus Day Care Society is a non-profit organization that facilitates the operation of a high quality, developmentally appropriate child care programs for students, staff, faculty, and community members at GPRC.
Children's Centre Demonstration Daycare
Email: [email protected]
Our program uses an evidence-based child care curriculum framework. This program was developed by early learning and childcare educators, early childhood academics, government, and professionals working in related fields. It is designed to foster improved early childhood development outcomes so your child can get the best possible start to life.
The program will also provide GPRC Early Learning Child Care program students on-campus, hands-on experiences.
YMCA of Northern Alberta
We know childhood is a special time when the seeds of future success are planted. YMCA Child Care encourages the physical, mental and social development of your child.
As Western Canada’s largest provider of non-profit daycare, the health and well-being of your child is at the core of everything we do. At the Y, you'll find caring and dedicated staff who make every day a special day for your child.
YMCA of Northern Alberta operates over 60 YMCA Child Care programs for infants to children 12 years of age, across Northern and Central Alberta. These include Early Learning and Care Programs for Infant - 5 years, Kindercare and Before and After School Care.
Every child has an opportunity to achieve developmentally appropriate milestones through a nurturing and creative environment.
Our Philosophy. Sharing, Caring, Believing and Achieving.
We are open 7 to 6 Monday to Friday. We take children as young as 12 months to 6 years old and we provide a learning through play environment based on observations and documentation
Wee Care Daycare
Queen Elizabeth II Child Care Centre
We offer daycare to children 0-6 years.
Provides quality daycare for children of staff as well as the public. The childcare centre is open Monday-Friday from 6:30 AM-6:00PM.
The current waitlist is from 9-12 months.
- 24 places pour enfants de 3 ans à 5 ans qui répondent aux conditions d’admissibilité *
- Service de 7 h 30 à 17 h 30 du lundi au vendredi **
- Frais de garde de 950 $ par mois (à partir du 1er avril 2021)
- Services spécialisés aux enfants ayant des besoins variés
- Personnel qualifié (Alberta Child Care Certification)
- Accès à des activités extérieures et au gymnase
- Accès aux activités culturelles et communautaires francophones
- Accompagnement des familles dans leur croissance culturelle, identitaire et linguistique
- Partenaire essentiel à la francisation et à la construction d’une communauté de langue française.
- NOUVEAU – L’inscription à la garderie inclut l’accès au programme de la prématernelle à l’École Nouvelle Frontière
Day Care Program
At Stepping Stones we aim to provide high quality Early Learning & Child Care. We employ qualified Early Childhood Educators that provide the children with ongoing opportunities to develop their abilities. Each child will have the chance to explore through play the things that interest them. Emerging skills will be supported through a curriculum that is developed through the Educators observations of the children. Lots of focus will be on literacy, science, mathematics and physical development presented in a playful, engaging format.
We believe in working with children, families and community agencies to effectively facilitate positive learning, which will allow individuals the opportunity to grow in every area of their development. We believe that all children and families need to be valued, respected and treated with kindness and compassion in all situations.
Day Home Program
Stepping Stones Family Day Home Program offers Government of Alberta regulated, approved, monitored and accredited family day home services in Clairmont and the city of Grande Prairie.
Our day homes offer quality child care to children ages infants to 12 years. The diverse and multi-age groups in our day homes offer unique opportunities and experiences in which children grow, learn and support one another. Our day home providers ensure the well-being of all children in their care by following established health and safety practices; children’s development is supported through exercising appropriate learning environments and family members are treated as partners in raising healthy children. Our day home providers are knowledgeable of and maintain the Alberta Family Day Home and Alberta Child Care Accreditation Standards; as well as agency policies and procedures which certifies quality and safe child care. All Stepping Stones Day Home Providers have a minimum of Child Development Assistant training.
For more information email: [email protected]
Watch Me Grow: Family Child Care Program
Watch Me Grow: Family Child Care Program
It is our aim to:
- Provide quality care in a warm accepting environment for children 0 - 10 years of age.
- Enhance the child's self concept with care and understanding to a point where the child becomes confident enough to explore, investigate and practice skills.
- Provide support and encouragement to parents.
- Plan and implement programs and activities that are responsive to the individual needs and interest of the total child.
- Provide activities conducive to the development of the social, emotional, physical, intellectual and creative needs of the child.
- Serve as a referral source to other professional agencies in the community.
- Promote the child care Profession.
- To provide a child care service alternative for children 0-10 years.
- To ensure that appropriate standards are maintained in the Family Day Homes.
- To encourage training in Early Childhood Development to enhance the care giving skills of care providers.
- To encourage families and the community to work together in the care of young children.
- To promote the Family Day Home Program.