Grande Prairie Family Centered Coalition
If you are looking for early childhood programs, services or resources, feel free to check out or Programs and Services tab or our ECD Library tab.
We are looking for parents and caregivers of children 0-6 years of age who are passionate about making positive early childhood development a reality for all children and families in our community!
The Grande Prairie Family Centered Coalition is a committee of interested individuals, who gather for the enhancement and furtherance of early childhood development with a focus on the early years of 0-6. It includes parents, grandparents, caregivers, early learning and childcare providers, educators, health care workers, and members of various community agencies and non-profit organizations.
What does the Grande Prairie
Family Centered Coalition Do?
We focus on partnerships to promote and improve early childhood development services available in our community. While we do not offer direct programs, we partner with early childhood development programs and services in our community on projects like:
- the publishing and distribution of a quarterly newsletter
- attending community events, trade fairs and distributing early childhood development information
- distribution of early childhood information and information on community events through our Facebook page
- partnering and sponsorship of parent education courses
- networking event for early childhood development service providers
We have a lot of great services and programs in our community, our goal is to work with them, and support families in connecting to these great programs and services!
Our goals are to:
- Provide parents with meaningful information on early childhood development & services available in the community
- Promote understanding of how children's early years impact lifelong development
- Support local early childhood development knowledge, planning and action